POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first PoV Anim! : Re: Version 2 Server Time
4 Jul 2024 00:05:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 2
From: St
Date: 13 Nov 2006 14:24:58
Message: <4558c68a@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message
>> > why is every second frame identical to its previous frame?
>>
>>     Is it? How are you seeing this Zeger?
>
> Well, I actually watched it frame by frame using media player classic
> after
> seeing in the properties that it truly was 24fps (it didn't look like it
> :))

   Just looked myself, yep, you're right!

> so I upped the frame rate to 12 fps and dropped the file size.
>

> that's the problem: your frame rate is set to 12fps, but that's
> accomplished by
> doubling each frame.  You should actually render twice the amount of
> frames for
> a slower animation, and *always* use 24 or 25 fps, for a smooth animation

  Ah, that's great. Thanks for the advice Zeger, that will put me right.
Another quick couple of questions if I may? So what kind/type of animation
would it be whereby you actually use a framerate of  7.5, 8 or 12? (I.e.,
lower than the size you recommend). And what about the other way around?
Faster than 25fps?

>> > nice animation though :)
>>
>>    Thank you Zeger. You wouldn't believe how much I enjoyed playing with
>> animation. I think I'm hooked.  :o)
>
> it's fun animating stuff, isn't it :)

   Yes it is. The nice thing is seeing what you've built, and I think if you
accomplish this and it's what you expected, then imagination kicks in for
other animation ventures. That's the cool part, I think.  :o)

> can't wait untill I have a Core 2 Quad computer and POV-Ray 3.7, cause
> things
> are getting really slow now :-/
>
>>     I know I have a lot to learn...
>
> haven't we all :)

    Especially for me, as I am now sourly tempted to go for the IRTC Anims
round with the present subject...  :)

     Yes, I dream too...

     ~Steve~